Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A little fockey love

So lately, I've been obsessed with field hockey. It all started when BB's school field hockey team won their District Tournament and moved on to the Regional Tournament. The first game I went to was the regional quarterfinal, and I caught the bug.

It's such an exciting sport. Not to mention, they make it look so effortless. And they wear skirts! Gosh, I think I'm in love. I want to play so bad!! Unfortunately, it is a fall sport, as is XC, so I wouldn't be able to play for my school. BB's [girl]friend, Mayflower, is a really good player, so she alerted me to the fact that I could play on a club team of some sort and still run next fall. I'm looking into it. I'M SO EXCITED.

Okay, enough about me. The girls went on to win the Region title and the first round of the state tournament was last night. They lost, but played exceptionally considering the level of talent on the opposing team. Their season is over, but they have nothing to be ashamed of, as they played their hearts out and the mere fact that they advanced this far is beyond fantastic. I'm so proud of them, and they're not even my classmates. They really are an exceptional group of girls.

Alright, wanna see some pictures? Here we go! (Yeah, I know their uniforms are green in some pictures and white in others... It was two different games, okay?)
Mayflower, #13
The sport's intense and so is she.
I'm pretty sure this was her going in for the winning shot. They won that game 1-0 because of the goal she's about to make. Our local paper made a big deal out of it and everything... It was really special.
Another one of my favorite field hockey ladies, here's NikkiD fighting for possesion. (Sorry the picture's a little crooked...)
Me with my two favorite Dragons-- Mayflower and NikkiD

Yeah, so that's it. I'll definitely do more posts about field hockey once I get playing. I can't wait! (Have I said that enough? Haha)

xoxo,
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment