Tuesday, November 16, 2010

QUE SERA SERA

For those of you who are not fluent in Espanol, that means "What will be will be," and it's one of my favorite sayings EVER. I pretty much say it to myself all the time.

Lately, I've been pretty stressed out about my grades and getting into college and just my future in general, really, even though I have a little bit longer to worry. The grades on my report card for this marking period are NOT what I want and pretty much need them to be for a couple of my classes, so needless to say, I was feeling a bit down last week.

However, I realized a couple things over the weekend that have really improved my outlook. Here they are:

1. THERE IS TIME. I have many, many moons before I need to start worrying about SAT scores and GPAs and things of that nature. I was reminded to just relax and let things work out how they're meant to.

2. EVERYDAY IS A NEW TOMORROW. Meaning, every morning, in many aspects of my life, my slate is wiped clean. It's a new day to try my best and make new mistakes to learn from tomorrow. Trial and error, baby, that's the way it's gotta be.

3. RELAX! For those of you who know me, I am a type-A perfectionist and my own toughest critic, which on a good day isn't really an ideal combination, but throw in a couple of not-A's on a report card and you have yourself a recipe for disaster, tears and melodrama. And  that's pretty much what my week consisted of. 

So, my friends, QUE SERA SERA. Hang on. Go with the flow. Let it be. LET IT GO. And rest assured that it's all gonna be alright, mahn.

I know, I know! It's pretty tough when things don't turn out the way you want them to, despite your best intentions. But hey, just hang in there and I promise you'll turn out alright. (I wish someone had been there to tell me that last week... Oh, wait. Hi Mom!)

Adios!

xoxo (abrazos y besos),
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment