Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ribbons and Bows!

I'm sure everyone would agree with me when I say that you cannot consider yourself a prepster unless you are known for your hairbows. Am I right?

Well everyone, I am known for my hairbows. Exciting, right? 

I have several ribbons in my school colors that I tie into obnoxious bows around my ponytails at XC meets and football games. Come Indoor Track, I'll see what happens when I try to run in them. I'm pretty psyched.

Here's a picture of my bow at last year's Homecoming game (Please excuse the rat's nest... I have curly hair, and I had just run a couple miles at XC practice)
(That ribbon is my favorite-- it's reversible! Red with white polka dots on one side, white with red on the other. Adorable, right?)

Also, here's the same bow (in a very unflattering picture of me and BB) from last year's XC District Championships:
The shirt's awesome, I know. I made it myself!

A few months ago, I was reading an online tutorial for a Scrap Ribbon Camera Strap on Lil Blue Boo, and I saw that she mentioned a company called Strano Designs. They sell "scrap bags", which are pretty much exactly what they sound like-- bags of scrap ribbon sold by the quarter pound. I promptly ordered one. Swoon. 

Of course, I just couldn't stop there. I also picked up some extra ribbon, check it out:
Tie-Dye!
I love the simplicity of this one.
 
This yellow is just so crisp and pretty.
I loved getting my scrap ribbon and looking through it. Some pieces were super long, the perfect length for a belt; others were short enough to use to make that scrap ribbon camera strap, which I haven't yet; and the rest were the perfect length for that perfect hairbow.

If you ever need random ribbon scraps for some sort of project, the folks over at Strano Designs definitely know where it's at. They're a hairbow lover's dream come true!
xoxo,
Bee

P.S. Here's a glance at Little Bee... (with some sketchball next to her) circa 2003:
You're loving the bows, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment