Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 ReVolutions

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit! Happy New Year!!

In the spirit of the new year, I thought I'd share my 2011 reVolutions. But first, a little story.
Last year, this time, as I began thinking of my New Year's resolutions, I thought about how I was going to remember them... Because, you see, when I do something, I do it all the way. All or nothing. I ended up with about thirty resolutions last year, and I didn't know how I was going to be able to keep them all if I wasn't reminded of them daily. 

Except, they weren't really reSolutions, they were more like little things, that, when done on a daily basis, would revolutionize my life. Therefore, I began to refer to them as reVolutions.

So I typed them all up in a pretty, swirly font, found my two quotes for the year (I always have quotes for the year) and slapped it in a frame. That's as far as I got until May or June when I was cleaning out a drawer and came across a ziplock baggie full of pictures and words cut from magazines. I had been saving them for the perfect project, and this seemed perfect enough.

I made the collage on a big piece of construction paper and then glued the list in the middle. It hung on the wall next to my closet, where I saw it every morning for six months. Six months shy of the effect I was hoping for, but hey, at least it was something, right?

Here is my 2010 ReVolution Collage. The quotes were "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think" --Winnie the Pooh, and "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt.
Today, I decided that, starting this year, I am going to collect clippings throughout the year for the next year's collage. For example, in 2011, I will collect ingredients for 2012's collage. Get it? That way I can have a collage/list for every year. I'm pretty excited about the project.

Even though I don't have the fixings for a collage for 2011, I still wrote out my reVolution list and it will be framed and hung next to/on top of/below the 2010 collage in a similar, albeit smaller frame.

Here's the list for 2011... It's still a bit rough, I know. It hasn't been to the processor yet.

The messiness is maddening. Yes, there are some repeats from last year, but those are just the things I need a continued reminder about...

Bee's New Year's ReVolution List 2011:

1. Cherish friends and family.
2. Follow through.
3. Remember the people who love you.
4. Disregard stereotypes.
5. Love without conditions.
6. Smile more.
7. Wear great shoes.
8. Delight yourself in the Lord.
9. Eat more green things.
10. Hope for a better tomorrow.
11. Keep your chin up.
12. Laugh a lot.
13. Raise the bar higher.
14. Make time.
15. Think things through.
16. Shoot for the moon.
17. Remember where you come from.
18. Don't settle.
19. Be classy.
20. Read the classics.
21. Run fast.
22. Hope for perfection.
23. Turn the other cheek.
24. Anticipate Prince Charming.
25. Give freely.
26. Love them like Jesus.
27. Sing in the shower.
28. Kill them with kindness.

So, there you have it folks, 28 daily reVolutions.

Oh, yeah. My quotes? The first is from Mother Theresa:
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people will accuse you of ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you.
Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough.
Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.
It never was between you and them anyway."

And the second is of unknown origin:
"Preppy is not a trend, it is a lifestyle. Preppy does not go out of style."

Wishing you a blessed beginning of 2011.

xoxo,
Bee

1 comment:

  1. My favorite posting, so far. Love your spirit and your attitude, well...everything you write about is a pleasure to read. But this was the most special, to me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete